Support our sponsor: Dayton Convention & Visitors Bureau 1 Chamber Plaza Dayton 800-221-8235
RULES for the 2019 Warrior Halloween FALL Classic Tournament to be held October 12-13, 2019
TOURNAMENT CO DIRECTOR: Steve Paddon and Carol Maas
PO Box 24232
Dayton OH 45424
Steve Paddon at 937-510-8437; email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Carol Maas at 937-233-7958; email to email@example.com
NO HEADING RULE - effective 7/1/2016 for all league or tournament U11 and younger games played in Ohio South are prohibited from deliberately striking
a soccer ball with any portion of their head (aka heading). The rule is as follows:
- If a U11 or younger player engages in heading a soccer ball during the tournament the parents /guardians and the player accept the risk and/or peril of doing so.
- When a player deliberately strikes the ball with his/her head during the tournament, Referees of that game must consider the act to be Dangerous Play and handle the matter accordingly as an infraction of the laws of the game.
- An indirect free kick (IFK) is awarded to the opposing team from the spot of the infraction.
- If the infraction is within the goal area, the IFK should be taken on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the infraction occurred.
- If the ball makes contact with the player’s head and the player has not deliberately played or attempted to play the ball, play should continue as no infraction has occurred.
- A player shall not be cautioned nor sent-off for persistent infringement, as a result of a heading infraction
- A player shall not be cautioned nor sent-off for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity as a result of a heading infraction.
REGISTRATION and TEAM ELIGIBILITY:
Registration Online only. We will provide more information after teams are accepted via online on how to provide registration requirements. If you need directions Contact Steve Paddon @ 937-510-8437.
COMPLEXES: All games are played within the 2 sites in Dayton (WSC - Warrior Soccer Complex); Huber Heights (CLD - Cloud Park). Division final games may be played at any of the 2 sites.
PLAYER/COACH CARDS: Coaches should bring player/coach passes and medical release forms to every game.
TEAMS FROM THE UNITED STATES: For teams from the United States:
1. The Players must present picture identification cards issued by the teams Federation Organization Member (USYS, CLUB SOCCER, AYSO, other)
2. Teams must provide proof of approval of the teams participation from the teams Federation Organization Member.
3. Teams from outside the State Association, Ohio South Youth Soccer Association, where the tournament is located must provide proof of permission to travel. Teams must be in good standing with their Federation Organization.
FOREIGN TEAMS For a team coming from a CONCACAF nation:
1. Players must present passports or, if from a nation that the United States does not require a passport, proof of entry into the United States that is required by the United States.
2. Teams are required to have and present player picture identification cards.
3. Teams must have a completed form from its Provincial or National Association approving the teams participation in the tournament.
AGE RESTRICTIONS: Player Age and Eligibility (Boys and Girls teams in separate divisions)
u-15 born on or after 1-1-2004; u-14 born on or after 1-1-2005; u-13 born on or after 1-1-2006; u-12 born on or after 1-1-2007;
u-11 born on or after 1-1-2008; u-10 born on or after 1-1-2009; u-09 born on or after 1-1-2010; u-08 born between 1-1-2011 & 12-31-2011
GAME/DURATION/ROSTER SIZE/GAME BALL..
Year / Age /Format / Prelim Time / Finals Time / Number Players /Game Ball/
2011 u-08 / 7 v 7 / 50 min prelim / 50 min final / 14 player roster Size 4
2010 u-09 / 7 v 7 / 50 min prelim / 50 min final / 14 player roster Size 4
2009 u-10 / 7 v 7 / 50 min prelim / 50 min final / 14 player roster Size 4
2009 u-10 / 9 v 9 / 50 min prelim / 60 min final / 16 player roster Size 4
2008 u-11 / 9 v 9 / 50 min prelim / 60 min final / 16 player roster Size 4
2007 u-12 / 9 v 9 / 50 min prelim / 60 min final / 16 player roster Size 4
2006 u-13 /11v11/ 60 min prelim / 70 min final / 18 player roster Size 5
2005 u-14 /11v11/ 60 min prelim / 70 min final / 18 player roster Size 5
2004 u-15 /11v11/ 60 min prelim / 70 min final / 18 player roster Size 5
NOTE: The Tournament reserves the right to consolidate age groups if necessary. We will have at least 1 level of competition for each division. Gold, Red, White, Blue, etc. If we consolidate groups into an 11v11 age group we will allow teams in this age group to move to the other age group.
ROSTERS: The following maximum roster size limits include guest players. Team rosters will be limited to 18 players for teams playing the 11v11 format. Team rosters will be limited to 16 players for teams playing the 9v9 & 14 players for teams playing 7v7 format. The Roster submitted at Tournament Registration will be the official Roster for the Tournament and will be frozen and may not be altered. A player may only play for one team. *"Trapped players" will be permitted to play as long as the player is on the team's original roster. Trapped players will NOT be permitted to play as a guest player on a team.
GUEST PLAYERS: Four (4) guest players for teams playing 7v7 or 9v9 format and five (5) guest players for teams playing 11v11 format, including u12 teams that are playing 11v11, will be allowed per team. Guest player Rosters (yours or ours) should be validated by your state association/country federation (if required by your association). Prior to the start of each game the referee shall check that each player has a current Federation player pass and coaches pass (if required by your association).
TEAMS: The first team listed in the tournament schedule on the website is the home team and are responsible to change in a color conflict. A maximum of 3 coaches and a State issued Director of Coaches (DOC) pass will be honored, and are permitted on the coaches side of the field. All coaches will remain within 20 yards of the center-line on their half of the field, and both team's spectators will be on the opposite side of the field. Field marshals will communicate which side is the coaches side if questions arise. Spectators are not permitted behind the end line and specifically the goals.
CREDENTIALS: Player Credentials and Uniforms
1. Player picture identification cards are to be present and available at all matches.
2. Identification cards are required to be checked by the referee prior to each match
3. All shirt numbers of each player must be different.
LAWS of the GAME:
*All FIFA Laws of the Game will apply unless otherwise stated in Tournament Rules.
- Substitution Time: Substitutes must be at the midfield line. Unlimited substitutions for all age groups will be allowed with the consent of the referee;
1. before a throw-in in your favor. The team in possession of the ball for a throw-in may substitute. If the team in possession of the ball for a throw-in substitutes players, the opposing team may substitute any number of players at the same time.
2. before a goal-kick.
3. after a score by either team.
4. at half time.
5. After an injury, by either team, when the referee stops play.
6. After a caution, one for one by both teams, if the cautioned player is substituted.
- Match Lengths: Preliminary Games will consist of two halves of equal length. See the chart above for game lengths for both preliminary and final games for all divisions. No overtime periods in preliminary games.
Final Games will consist of two halves of equal length.
Overtime periods are 2x5 minutes per period. Players are allowed a 2 minute halftime. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to adjust game length for conditions beyond their control. See Weather/Reschedule section below.
- The game clock will not be stopped because of injury to any player, except if deemed necessary by the referee. Due to the time allowed for the completion of all games, the clock will run continuously.
- It is the intent of the adidas Warrior Fall Classic to provide a three person referee system for all tournament matches (except for u-08 & u-09 & u-10 playing 7v7), however, if deemed necessary, matches may be conducted with club linesmen at the discretion of the Tournament Committee.
CONCUSSION LAW....All coaches MUST have completed the Concussion Training Course for Coaches. All coaches on the sideline MUST have their concussion certificate form and carry the certificate to each game.
BLOOD: A player who is either bleeding or has blood on her/his uniform shall be required to be removed from the field and allowed to return only when in the opinion of the referee the bleeding has stopped and blood removed from the uniform.
PIERCINGS: Players must be removed from any piercing, from any location on their body, prior to any match.
FIFA & USSF Law 11 – Offside: There is off-side in 7v7.
SPECIFIC LAWS of the GAME
1. Red cards will be administered as per FIFA laws of the game. The player or coach will serve a one game suspension unless otherwise determined by the Tournament Director.
2. A player or coach sent off for a second caution will not be allowed to play for the remainder of that game and their next game.
43. Un-served Red cards and game report will be forwarded to their appropriate State or National organizations.
The Tournament will supply the game balls for all games. Balls used must be FIFA Approved.
The referee’s decision as to the safety of the players is final.
All players must wear shin guards. No metal-rimmed glasses or jewelry of any kind will be permitted.
Casts, splints or body braces made of a hard substance in its final form such as leather, rubber, plastic, plaster or fiberglass must be covered on all exterior surfaces with no less than 1⁄2 inch thick, high density polyurethane, or an alternate material of the same thickness and similar physical properties to protect the injury. A medical release for the injured player signed by a licensed physician must be available at the game site. Players may not play with these casts without the approval of the Referee.
Teams not at the field ready to play with a minimum of 7 eligible players (U11-U14), 5 eligible players (U8-U10) at the scheduled game time will forfeit the match at the discretion of the tournament committee. Forfeited scores will be counted as 3 – 0. Teams forfeiting games will not be able to advance to the playoff rounds.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT For all age groups the Tournament format calls for three preliminary round games (round robin) with Final Matches in each division. All Divisions will play their Finals Sunday PM. Note: Divisions with 5 teams will play 4 games, 2 games per day, and the top 2 teams will receive awards. Divisions with 5 team divisions will not play a Finals game.
MATCH SCHEDULES The ONLINE Schedules are the OFFICIAL schedules of the Warrior FALL Classic. Each team will be scheduled for a minimum of 3 preliminary games. A maximum of 2 matches will be played on any one day. In cases where a team drops out of the competition some teams may play less than 3 games. See Forfeits for scoring this type of game.
REFEREES Referees will be USSF certified. Referee decisions are final.
PROCEDURES for Determining GROUP WINNERS: Immediately after the game BOTH COACH AND THE GAME CENTER REFEREE WILL SIGN THE GAME CARD CERTIFYING THE FINAL SCORE which will then be delivered to the HQ tent at each site. Site scorer will be responsible for updating score board and website at: < www.warriorFALLclassic.com > Posted scores will reflect a maximum goal difference of 3. Bracket standings, leading to championship play, will be determined on the following basis:
STANDINGS & TIE-BREAKERS: No overtime periods will be played for Preliminary games. Each team will be awarded three points for a win, one point for a tie, and no points for a loss. In the event of ties in the group standing, the following procedure will determine the group winner:
1. Team with the most points won
2. Winner of the game played between the tied teams. (If three or more teams are tied for the group lead, Step 2 is by-passed, go to Step 3)
3. Highest number of total NET goals (goal differential). Maximum goal differential per game is four(4).
4. Fewer total goals allowed.
5. Penalty kicks (FIFA laws)
FINALS - Championship Games tied at the end of regulation will be decided by: Overtime procedure.
PENALTY KICK ELIMINATION: When Final matches are still tied after overtime (see overtime times in the Laws of the Game above) the FIFA laws of the game for Penalty Kicks apply.
- Games interrupted in the first half:
1. If the first half has not been completed and the game is stopped, every effort will be made to complete the game, or play to completion of at least the first half and record the score as final.
2. Games shall be considered completed if the first half has concluded. The score at the stoppage of play will be the final game score.
3. If a game is suspended due to weather problems, field conditions or other situations beyond the tournaments control, each teams head coach must stay in contact with their sites tournaments headquarters for further instructions go to your car but DO NOT LEAVE THE SITE. Game playing time may be decreased, or games may be concluded at the point of interruption, if necessary.
SCORES: Match and Score Reporting. Scores will be posted as quickly as possible. COACHES or a designated Team Administrator ONLY should report any discrepancies to Headquarters prior to their next game.
STANDARDS of CONDUCT & DISCIPLINE: Disciplinary action taken against a coach will be levied in the next game in which he/she coaches the team playing at the time of the original infraction, or to the next game coached if the violation occurred during the last game for that team. If additional behavior problems occur, the Directors reserve the right to levy additional discipline up to and including expulsion from the Tournament.
1. All participants in the Warrior Fall Classic will be expected to maintain high standards of conduct during their stay in the Dayton area. These standards are expected of players, referees, and other guests in the hotels and motels; keeping noise in the hallways to a minimum, refraining from kicking soccer balls inside any of the buildings, and being respectful of the property of others. Should it come to the attention of the Tournament Directors that a person (or persons) has failed to observe these guidelines; the Director reserves the right to take remedial action. Said action, depending upon the circumstances, may range from a warning, a reduction in points in the standings, or banning that team and/or all teams in its club from future participation in the tournament.
2. There shall be no dissent between players and/or coaches and the referee. Questioning a referee is considered dissent. All coaches are responsible for the actions of his or her spectators, specifically verbal abuse of referees. Such abuse will not be tolerated! Violation may result in forfeiture of the game and/or expulsion from further play.
3. Any player or coach ejected from a game will be ineligible to participate in the next scheduled game (a minimum of one game suspension depending upon the severity of the offense). The player/coach pass is to be turned in to the referee headquarters immediately following the initial suspension game. If dismissed in the last game, the player/coach card will be returned to the team if there is not an assault associated with that card. In this case the player/coach card will be held and returned to the appropriate state association.
4. All coaches will remain within 20 yards of the center-line on their half of the field, on the side opposite of both team's spectators. Teams will be located on the same side of the field. Spectators will be on the opposite side.
5. Spectators may be ejected from the park for improper conduct, at the discretion of the tournament officials. Artificial noise makers, such as air horns, bells, etc. are not permitted.
6. If field conditions are such that there is a problem with interference by an outside agent; such as a tree overhanging the field for instance, the play will be restarted with a drop ball. Cloud Park may have some interference from trees. If the ball hits the trees and goes directly out of touch the play will resume with a throw-in. 7. PETS are NOT allowed at any sites.
8. ALL sites are SMOKE FREE!
9. Persons ejected due to any of the above situations must leave the site immediately.
DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS: Report of Disciplinary action taken against any team will be reported to that teams provincial or:
1. For United States teams, the procedure for notifying the Federation Organization Member of that team of disciplinary action taken or required will be followed.
2. For CONCACAF teams, the tournament committee will notify the US Soccer Federation guidelines of disciplinary action taken, and that the Federation will transmit national association.
CANCELLATIONS: If the Tournament is cancelled due to events beyond the control of the Tournament Committee, the Tournament will not be required to make any financial remuneration.
WAIVER: By entering this tournament, every participant agrees to accept the jurisdiction of the Tournament Committee or its members, the Warrior Soccer Club, its Board of Trustees and employees, the three sites including WSC - Warrior Soccer Complex; CLD - Cloud Park; VAN - Vandalia/Stonequarry Park; and their respective employees/volunteers, the United States Soccer Federation, United States Youth Soccer Association, and United States Youth Soccer Association North in all matters of dispute. No official, coach, club, league, referee, player or their representative may invoke the aid of the Courts of any political or governmental entity without first exhausting all available remedies within the appropriate affiliated soccer organizations as set forth in these rules, the Constitution and Bylaws of the Warrior Soccer Club, the Constitution and Bylaws of the United States Soccer Federation, the Constitution and Bylaws of the United States Youth Soccer Association, and the Constitution and Bylaws of the Ohio South Youth Soccer Association. For violation of this rule, the offending party shall be subject for all expenses incurred by these associations and/or their officers, as appropriate, in defending each court action, including, but not limited to, court costs, attorney(s) fees and reasonable compensation for all time and expenses.
1. Coaches are required to bring player cards and medical release forms to every game. All coaches on the sideline must have a concussion certificate form with them.
2. If a game is temporarily suspended due to weather problems, field conditions or other situations beyond the tournaments control, each teams head coach must stay in contact with their sites tournaments headquarters for further instructions go to your car but DO NOT LEAVE THE SITE. Game playing time may be decreased, or games may be concluded at the point of interruption, if necessary.
3. All teams are asked to clean up their team sidelines after each match. Thank you for your support with this effort.
5. In case a situation that may arise and is not addressed specifically in these rules, Tournament Committee's interpretation of the foregoing rules/regulations and unforeseen circumstances shall be final.
adidas Warrior Fall Classic
Warrior Soccer Club - PO Box 24232 - Dayton OH 45424 (937) 233-7958 Carol
If you are interested in having tourneycentral.com produce your
tournament, check us out here.